Wednesday, February 4, 2009

cultural shock

The first time I heard this phase is from my textbook when studied in the University. That's one of the topics on Marketing. On that time, I didn't have too much feelings about this topic until I met somebody in the State. I am a girl from Asia. There has a huge difference in culture between the State. Before my coming, I think it'd not be a big problem, I can handle it very well. It can't be an issue at all. But, I was wrong...... it's really a big issue. For example 1, In a restaurant,when you finish your order, there can't be longer than 15-20 mins, your food have to be deliveried. If not, you can ask the writer to check your order or push them , this is my general thinking . But in USA, it's wrong,In their point of view, the only thing you can do is WAIT..... or keeping looking even staring at the writers who wrote down your order. But the question is what if they are too busy to find out your looking, or what if they forget to delivery your order into kitchen. Are you still insist to ....Wait? What shall we waste our time in that.........

example 2, I am always trying to be nice with people even just first meet or stranger. When I'd like to say sth or do sth to someone,I'd avoid as far as possible with the too direct words or the behavior express, fearing that he will be injured. But here, they don't care about that, they just care about themselves. Are they really so gentleman as we think???or just fake it..... ha!! maybe depend on personal....

Anyway, this is really an interesting experience handing out with native people.........

No comments:

Post a Comment