Wednesday, February 4, 2009

silent USA economy


I am a shoppingholic and i love shopping mall. so, i go there on every weekend which has became my habit for 5 years. Even I am in the USA, my habit doesn't change. However,recently, the economy is so down, it seems people stop shopping. Everytime, i go to shopping mall, i feel so lonely especially on the friday night which should be a good time to shop. Yesterday, I went to bath&body work because they sent me a sales message claiming they are on clearance sale. The sadness is even the price is so amazing($5 for each bottle including body wash,lotion,creme and spray)but no body is there. The store is so so so quiet even they put the price $5 tag as much as they can but there is few people buying. I can experience that people feel despressed about the economy. They denied to purchasing so even they are on big sale, you still can see they have a lot of inventory in store..... ..so sad isn't it??

Everyday the media keeps reporting the bad news, the laid-off things, the bail-out requirement from company... Everybody is looking when will the ailing economy come to the end, more and more financial expertise predict the economy would be in recession for 2 years maybe more........ so the shopping things are getting more silent and silent......... quiet and quiet......

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is so true. I love shopping as well but the economy is so terrible! I love how you showed that people feel lonely because they aren't able to shop as much anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Your choice of words, quiet and lonely, paint an accurate picture of the malls today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really what i felt. The silent shopping mall and the quiet store which has the sales clearance. they put the price tag so big... just like saying buy me buy me but... nobody wanted except me.. ha!!!!

    ReplyDelete